06 December 2010

Linky Goodness

Stay tuned for a proper post later (preview: it's a double-supported Read This Not That) but in the meantime, you might enjoy this video over at Sociological Images. There are issues with it for sure, but it's definitely one of the healthier responses to the question of privilege, and I wish my high school Ethnic Studies teacher had had a listen before she started teaching a class subtitled Why You Should Feel Like Shit if Your Skin Is Lighter Than Mariah Carey's. (Okay, it wasn't wholly her fault; there were a lot of circumstances stacked against her. But I am still bitter, because that was an hour a day, five days a week, for four months, that I could have better spent watching Stand and Deliver twenty times. It taught me that Racism Is Bad.)

No comments:

Post a Comment